When is it OK to judge our neighbors?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's not.Thou shalt not judge lest ye be judged.
    In other words, don't judge people unless you would like them to judge you.
    Anonymous

• it's not ok to judge people.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• "who am I to judge another, when I walk imperfectly"....
    we should only judge them if it's righteously....like if you feel your in danger or whatever...but besides that...your supposed to love them and just be there for them.
    Anonymous

• Dang....anon :55 beat me to it!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 8:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• you make judgements every moment of you life.

You see your neighbor screaming at the kids, wife, getting drunk......... make a judgment..... NOT to invite him over for dinner.

You have a girlfriend that gets drunk off wine every night.... make a judgement..... dont have her drive your kid home from an event.

You meet a man who wont tell you where he lives, he always wants to go to dark restaurants for dinner, wont introduce you to his family, wont give his home phone number..... make a judgement...... dont date him

It is FINE to make a judgment on KNOWN facts........... it is judgment with out facts that is wrong.

Anonymous

• 1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Well I won't judge them but that doesn't mean I won't call the cops on them if I see them doing something illegal. Or complain to the housing office if they keep me up all night with their loud partying.(Luckily I don't have to worry about either of these issues, the only time I see or hear my neighbors is when we pass each other in the parking lot and say Hi) Oh and I do get that in this case neighbors is not just those living in your neighborhood but refers to all persons you encounter, etc.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I think you need to give FULL context to the bible quotes.

Are we supposed to trust all and/or do anything simply because we should not judge?  Or should we use the brain God gave us to make judgments and wise choices when we have information?

Perhaps the WHOLE text is trying to say something to the effect of not judging on apperances and/or with out knowledge.

Anonymous

• Nevah.
    Anonymous

• THIS!!! --->

you make judgements every moment of you life.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2010