should I go or not?

ok with my first two pregnancies my water broke before i ever even experienced any labor symptoms so i was sure everything I felt was labor. All of last night and today I have been having somewhat painful contractions but they have not been very regular. Now today the pain and pressure in my vaginal area hurts so bad I can't find a comfortable position, sitting standing even laying down it is still extremly painful! And the pressure literally feels like I have a roll of toliet paper stuck in between my legs. I have never experienced pain like this. Is it normal? Is it a symptom of labor? should I go to labor and delivery?

Please help i am so confused!!!!

theladybugscafe

Asked by theladybugscafe at 8:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well how far are you? i wouldn't go to l&d unless my water broke or i was getting regular contractions
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I would go. Thats how I felt when I was in labor with DS. I waited forever and I was 8cm when I went in. Its not going to hurt to go in tho.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 8:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• That sounds like impending labor, but I wouldn't go in until the contractions are regular and are painful to where you can not talk and or walk through them. I was induced my first two times, so when I went into labor with my third I kept second guessing myself. :D
    Good luck...hope you get to hold your sweet LO very soon!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• If you go in the worst that will happen is you getting sent home. I have the attitude that I would rather go in and get sent home than not go in and have my baby at home.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Jairatraci you took most of my words right out of my mouth! lol When I'm pregnant I always employ the better safe than sorry method.
    You can also call and talk to your doctor they will be able to give you more accurate advice than any of us cause they know your case.
    Good Luck Momma! May I send prayers your way?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 9:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Hey... please let us know how it turns out. If this is the real thing or not :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2010