Tell me, what's the story of meeting your hubby?

There is so much negativity on these forums, I figured I would try to boost Mommy Moral and pass around some positive vibes.

I'll start:
I met my husband 3 months after I moved to a different state. We started "hanging out" from that point on. It actually wasn't supposed to be serious. But, alas, it became serious. We were married within 5 months of meeting each other. Pregnant with our first shortly after that. When our son was just 8 months old, we discovered I was pregnant with our 2nd. In September we will be celebrating our 7 year anniversary.

It is hard work, and we've had our fair share of complications, but the bottom line is that we are still madly in love and really, he is the only person I can see spending my life with.

clhadley

Asked by clhadley at 9:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• met him at work.
    Anonymous

• I was out for my birthday celebration with a few friends and cousins enjoying a relatively empty bar, mostly just the locals....it was spring break ( I live in a college town ). And after making eye contact several times and such with this guy I hadn't ever seen before, while at the bar getting a round of drinks he comes up to me and introduces himself. Then says, "So, what's your major?" To which I replied, "Oh honey, I have a career." Left him speechless....he thought I was about 8 years younger than what I am. And then I asked, "What's your major", knowing he was in college. Oddly enough we ended up together. Been 3 years now and we already have 2 beautiful baby boys. It was quick and has been wonderful. God was finally stepping in for both of us!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• great question, btw
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I met DH when we were 12 in middle school. We dated on and off. And throughout High School, we remained friends. As well as after high school. When I was dating someone else, I ended up pregnant with my son. Well the sperm donor took off, and Dh (then just a friend) stepped in. We started dating, alot more seriously than middle school puppy love lol, and he was there through the whole pregnancy. 2 weeks after having our son, (and yes we call him our son, DH is the only father he knows, and he loves him dearly,) he proposed to me. We married 11 months later. Had our second child when our first was 2 1/2. Then we got surprised with our third when our lil girl was just 2 months old. Shes due in July.
    Anonymous

• He was my brothers best friend in school! :) I told my mom I would marry him some day <3 she didn't believe me.. lol I was only 10 he is 6 years older... Then they parted friends, when I was 17 heard he was back in town and tracked him down and hung out with him... then slowly started dating and married 3 years later found out 8 days b4 we were married that we were expecting :) and now this june will be 10 years together we are now half way through our 2nd pregnancy with a girl this time! Life is great! :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• ok... guess I will expand. Moved to this town on a whim, new only one person here. Went on a job interview hubby saw me waiting for hr director... thought I was cute. met him first day of work. he told his friend I need to find someone like her to marry.. he thought I had a boyfriend.... because my roommate was male. I changed where I jogged so that I was jogging past his appartment. He finally asked me out. On our first date he said "you are the kind of person I could marry, but I dont want to date unless you are sercious" we had one drink and that was it. I flew out of town the next day. When I came back, I quit my job so we could date. We dated 6 mo., engaged 2 yrs to save for wedding, married 17.... 3 kids 15, 13, 9.

anon :03
    Anonymous

• We had mutual friends, and worked at the same bar. So sometimes we would end up hanging out at the same place after work. We became really good friends, as a matter of fact in just a few months he was the best friend I had. I was in a really bad marriage and he was many times my shoulder to cry on until I was able to leave.
    A few months after my divorce we just ended up realizing that we wanted to try dating, and now we are married with a few kids, but still best friends.
    That is so cheesy, isn't it?
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 9:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We met thru okcupid.com. His profile kept coming up in the search results, and I kept thinking I wanted to read it, but I was scared. I finally did, and sent him a message. He responded the next morning, and from there it was like we'd known each other forever. We talked all the time online, once he'd get parked for the night (he's a truck driver). Then, after about a week and a half or so, we started talking on the phone. We'd be on the phone for hours, and I mean that literally, like 5-10 hrs a day, talking (we still do that lol). Then, his next hometime, we met. We met at the lake and sat and talked for 3 hrs, til I had to go get the kids from school. Our second date was the very next day, breakfast and the museum, at the end of which we decided we would date exclusively. :) I knew, and so did he, during that date, that we were in love. He's my best friend and the best thing that ever happened to me. I love him so much.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I was 12. Getting ready to turn 13 soon, I met him at one of my friends parties.
    Been together ever since!!!!!!! :)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• oh, and I'll be 23 in May. lol. :)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010