What should I do next?

My boyfriend of 3 years just broke up with me. We live together, I know what some will say, but I had my reasons, please no bashing for it. Anyway, this is totally out of the blue. I think he's really depressed. He was on meds and went off them and now he is so unhappy. We rarely fight, but he said we do all the time and he's been trying for too long now. He said I can take as long as I need to move. The house is in his name. I don't know what to do next though. Should I stay here a month or so, until I can find the right place? Or should I move my stuff to storage and move with mom and dad right away, DD and I would share a room and my parents smoke? My boyfriend may have a change of heart coming home to an empty house, that way I wouldn't be stuck in a lease. With him not really talking to me before, I don't know I could go back though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Why did he go off his meds? That may well be the root of the problem. Were you having problems while he was on them?

I'd stay until I found a place, rather than move in with smokers.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I would leave the house right away, but I would not bring my child into a smoking environment.

Do you have a job? Can you afford a small apartment?

I'm sorry you're going through all this emotional stuff. Hope things look up for you.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• OP here- we were getting along great while he was on them, no sex, but that's a common side effect. He wasn't on them long though, but even before that we got along well the majority of the time. I do have a job, but I'm not sure what I can afford or where I even want to live. I think moving into the first cheapo apartment will end up making me sad until the lease is up. I hate moving every year. I have every year since 2007. We moved here in June and I've been so happy knowing this is my home for 3 years. I love it and put a lot of hard work into it. I also don't really want to send dd to a new daycare, this is the 3rd in her lifetime and she can't even start preschool until Fall of 2011.
    Anonymous

• If he doesn't care if you stay, then stay. Try to do things to avoid him and allow him space. If he is depressed he probably sleeps a lot any way. Move into another room, even if it is with your daughter's.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Your parents smoke ? Your so random ....you say you don't fight but at the end of the question you say he doesn't really talk to you... That's a form of fighting ...i am not a yeller when I get mad I get quiet and withdrawl so you may think your not fighting because there is no arguing but maybe he is having problems . I say go to your parents if he wants you back he needs to go back on the meds.... And no playing games kicking you out and wanting you back! Grown ups don't play games .
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 10:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I'd stay there until I found a place. Don't make your dd move several times.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2010