Moms of 8 y/o's

Does your 8 y/o still believe in santa,the easter bunny ect?If not how did they find out the truth and if you told them how did you tell them? Im askin cuz I think my son still beliveves but im not 100% .

gio143

Asked by gio143 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son just turned 10.So obviously I'm not a mom to an 8 year old, but I used to be,lol.
    One day when my son was 9 he woke up and told me the toothfairy had forgotten to take his tooth and put money under his pillow. BAD TOOTHFAIRY! lol. She must have been dead tired and forgot to wake up,lol. So anyway, he went to the bathroom and without thinking, I rushed in his room, grabbed the tooth and left the money.I told him I though tI heard something in his room, he should check if she came. He came out with the money, and he knew. He accused me of putting it there and you could just see it in his face, it all began to dawn on him. Later,after school (you could tell he'd been thinking about this all day), he said to me,"Mom, I just don't think the toothfairy, the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus is real, and I think that means God isn't real either".Well, I had to tell him the truth then.But he's been upset about it ever since.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My son is ten and I really believe this is the first year he has not believed. I think last year he questioned it, but at eight he believed with all his heart. They find out on their own, no need to tell him and ruin it early for him. When he did start questioning it, I gave him vague answers, that seemed to placate him.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My 8 year old son still believes. Though came close to not believing in the tooth fairy when I forgot to put money under his pillow. He left the room with me and my mom put the money there and then we told him we hear something. When he came out with the money I told him that she must have been late.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• dang she just asked this past week.
    she said "mom is the easter bunny a real rabbit, a man in a suit, or you?"
    I hugged her and said " dont you just love the magic of it all?"
    She got the message with out me having to actually say anything.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my 9yr. old still does.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My son just turned 8 and I'm pretty sure he still believes. We were at the doc this morning and the nurse said "so wht do you think the Eater Bunny is bringing you?" He said "lots of candy." I said "Do you think the Easter Bunny will leave anything for me?" Without hesitation he said "No, you are too old. The Easter Bunny only leaves baskets for children!"
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• We, always separated the fantacy from te real holiday, enjoying both but never mixing the two. I think it worked out well.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 12:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2010