tell us how he proposed...

lets hear all the romantic details!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Romance was not involved at all when he asked. We were hiking one day and he looked at me and said, "Hey you wanna get hitched?" I looked at him confused then realized he was serious so I said, "Sure why not." We've been married for 5 1/2 years so far and going strong.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• He dragged me out of the hotel bath tub and told me we had to take a walk on the beach in Key West. I didn't want to but went anyway. He told me to get the chapstick from his pocket, so I reached in and tapped the fuzzy box. There he asked on the beach and I said yes. That was 12 years ago.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• not romatic at all he said he wanted to marry me wen i was cooking dinner. i said ok he grabbed his latopgot me to sit next to him asked me to pick the ring on zales and when it came in i was washing dishes he got down on 1 knee( in my kitchen) and asked me to marry him (again) and i said yeah .:) the end.
    Anonymous

• he didn't actually say the words... So we lived together and he had been married twice before. He always said he would never marry again. On Christmas day I open a gift. It's a bra and panty set, white with sparkles, from victorias secret. In the panty's is a ring box, in the box a solitare diamond ring. I say "what does this mean?" He says "What do you think it means?" me- "you want to marry me?" Him - "what do you think it means when I guy gives you a ring?" Me- "I thought you didn't want to get married?" him- "what else would it mean" GEEZ... this went on for like 20 minutes. He never actually said "will you marry me" and I finally told him "OK I'm planning a wedding and you better show up" Now everytime we see someone on TV get down on one knee and ASK, I say SEE that is how it is done!
    Anonymous

• We had dated for a year and a half he took me to my favorite fast food place and then we went to our favorite place to walk around and he asked me when we stopped to look at the river flowing .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• His bil had a GREAT story of how he proposed to his sister... and the family had video taped it. He was going back home for Christmas and asked me to remind him to bring the video back for us to watch. I went to his place new years eve and we watched the video... at the end of the video he spliced in his bil asking him about the stoy. Hubby said "it was a great story but I would have just looked at her...." and it trailed off. He was then on his knee with the ring. I said yes. That was 20 yrs ago this past New Years Eve.

Anonymous

• We were listening to the radio and The Police's Every Little Thing She Does is Magic.

At the line "I resolved to call her up a thousand times a day And ask her if she'll marry me in some old fashioned way" .... he said "Will you?"

I said, "Yes"

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Lol well i'm not sure how romantic it was. But DH came home lookin upset, saying he'd gotten mad at his phone and broke it. Made me so mad, cuz we had just had our son 2 weeks ago, and we were broke. Well he asked his mom to take the baby and we went to our room to talk. I kept tellin him let me see the phone, how bad is it, let me see. Well finally i got so mad i didn't want to look at him, and turned my back at him. I turned back around to yell how childish he was being, and he was down on his knee with a ring just smiling. I wasn't sure if I wanted to kiss him or slap him. But I said yes and we are going on 3 years of marriage.
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I was working at Randalls Prego with our first born. I had stopped talking to him because I was upset and confused. I'm checking someone out and I hear the MUZACK cut out and a squeal on the intercom. Then I hear him. "I know your mad and I know things are all over the plae right now. But I love you and we can do this. So.... Will you?" LOL I kept checking the lady out cuz I was embarassd as heck. A minute goes by and I didnt answer. The Muzack comes back on and I thought he'd given up. Someone taps me and and its him. He got down on one knee right there behind the counter and says,"Marry me woman!"

I said yes!

Turns out he had planned this with the help of my manager.

We've been together 8 years now.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• The night before I was to move back into the dorms for my junior year of college, he was over at my parents' house with me. He disappeared for a bit, but whatever. Turns out he was talking to my parents, asking for their blessing, which they gave. Then, we went out to the pier at Newport Beach, where we often went because we were college kids with no money, and the beach was free if you knew where to park. We walked around and then, in front of a bunch of strangers, he got down on one knee and proposed. Of course I said yes!! We were married 12 months later, between summer session and senior year of college. ♥
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2010