how did you tell your husband you were pregnant

did you do something fun, romantic, cute.... tell us all special details

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I dragged him to a bar and we both took a shot of Jameson. Then I cried. It was my last drink until birth.
    Anonymous

• Nothing special the first time. He stood outside the bathroom door just as freaked out as me. I peed on the stick and before I could even finish and leave the bathroom, it was very positive. But I stepped outside the bathroom and he hugged me as we waited for the three minutes. I went and got the test and we about crapped ourselves when it was positive. We had only been married 25 days when we took the test. It took a couple of weeks for him to stop freaking out about it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• The first time we both suspected...so he was waiting for me outside the bathroom and I came out crying with the test ...so he knew.

The second time I let first child give daddy a birthday gift...all wrapped up...it was my pregnancy test.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Anon 10:02 that sounds pitiful. sorry
    Anonymous

• I purchased baby shoes and a bib that said "I Love my Daddy" and put it in a gift bag. When he got home from work, I gave it to him. He sat still for a really long time and then asked why the cat needed shoes and a bib. He laughed and he was happy.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 10:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i took the test before he woke up so i crawled back into bed with him and said guess what? that test was possitive. and he just nodded and went back to sleep. lol thats just how we are.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I walked in to our apartment and my fiance was cooking up some steaks and I said to him:

"How was your day"
    "It was ok"
    "Oh, well, I'm pregnant."

He looked shocked, walked into the dining room, sat down and stayed there for a while. He almost burnt our steaks! They were definitely well done...
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I called him at work. I would have rather told him in person, but I couldn't wait to pee LOL.

The 2nd time, we were at a drs office, but our 3 year old had been kind of acting up so he was out in the waiting room with her. I came up to him crying and the threw out my last pack of smokes.

The 3rd time, It was slightly more than a year ago and I was not planning to be pregnant. had only had had ONE cycle since my 2nd was born. I practically THREW the test at him and said LOOK AT THIS!!!!! He was like what?? He was excited, I was stunned and sort of pissed. LOL My little man is now 7 months old.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 10:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• he always tells me. i take the test, and 3 for 3 he has been right.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My mil had just left, she was with us for a whole week. I was exhausted and the whole time she was there had apologize thinking I was coming down with the flu. When she left I looked at the calendar to see when i could fit in a dr apt and realized I was late. I went to the store and bought a pg test. It was positive. I went back and bought a 2nd one. the cashier looked at me funny. But we we not trying at all yet.  

I ran straight out and bought the cutest little baby baseball mit and ball and wrote a note "For Daddy & Me".

OMG... he jumped up and down like he won the lottery... he high fived me andran aroundthe house like an idiot... then he started calling his family... they are east coast we are west so he was calling around midnight midweek... they freaked.... accept for mil who said she had been expecting this call.  LOL... she figured it out before I did.

Anonymous