how did you tell your parents they were going to be grandparents

do something special, do it in person, buy something meaningful?

were you the one that made them grandparents?

what about your husbands parents? same thing or different?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my dad is an ob. i sent them the ultrasound pic.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Me: "So, did you guys ever talk to the insurance company about putting me on it even though I don't live at home."

Mom&Dad:"No, Why?"

Me:"Well, because I'm pregnant and am gonna need it."

M&D:"What?"

Me: Yeah.

For my fiance's parents he just out and told them while I hid in the basement and cried.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I am the one that made my mom a grandma, my dad had 2 grandbabies already, my in laws just found out my sil was pg with their first and then I was 3 mo. behind her. They all live in different states than we do so it had to be over the phone... but there was screaming, crying, laughing.

It was wonderful.... I would live that day over and over and over again... the joy we all felt was unmatched... even by my wedding!
    Anonymous

• for my parents, i asked them how old my dad was when my parents had my oldest sister. he said '18'. i said sooo.... i'll be the smae age then. they took it a lot better then i thought they would. DH (my boyfriend back then) just outright told his parents, who were none too happy. they sure do love her now though.
    for the youngest i sent my mom a picture of the positive test on my cellphone. DH called his mom and asked if she could knit a blanket for us. she was more than happy to.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i was 20 when i got pregnant, took a h.p.t on a tuesday, and it was positive..went to a walk in clinic later that day, the dr confirmed that i was pregnant, he figured i was about 5 weeks along..and then on thurs, my mom came up to me and asked me if i was ..no idea how she knew, but she did..she was NOT IMPRESSED!! dr said i was 5 weeks, well, i was only dating the guy for 5 weeks..so..yaaa..my family wasnt happy at all!! they are all verry christian. took a lil while, but they came around, and were excited. afterall, they could either be a part of our lives, or not..im just glad they made the right choice. they already have 2 grandkids by my sis. my bf left me a few weeks later, so im glad my family was there to help me!!

when we told his parents, his mom started yelling, calling me a slut, whore, bitch, stupid, every name in the book!! they wanted nothing to do with me or my baby..and they still dont, and shes 6yrs old
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• well, i had picked a day to go to the doctor when I thought my mom would be at school.
    When I came home early from work for the doctor's appointment she asked me why I was home so early for break and I told her I had a doctor's appointment. When she asked why I told her because I had taken a pregnancy test and it was positive and I wanted to make sure. Well, she was not happy at all.
    I went to the doctor and found out I was about 6-8 weeks prego. I had to come home and immediately take my sick cat to the vet, and she called me on the way to the vet and asked me what the doctor said, and when I told her, she hung up on me.
    She wasn't happy, but loves my daughter with all her heart.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I took a picture of my dogs wearing signs that said "we're getting a new sister" "or brother" and then made them into cards with birthdate, weight at that time, and length at that time (looked up estimates for how far along I was). I got the cards from Shutterfly and had them mail them for me to my mom, my dad and stepmom, and my in-laws. Then we waited for the phone calls. Once the parents knew then they told everyone else and we told our friends.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Our 1st: we weren't married yet but were getting ready to move to AK! So we told his parents first, his step mom cried (not a happy cry) his dad got out his wedding band from his first marriage but it didn't fit my hubby:o( Told my dad & little sister at her softball game, thankfully my grandma was there, my dad was speechless but got it together pretty quickly! Grandma was excited to have her first great grand baby! My mom we saved for last. She knew the minute we asked to talk to her! She'd had a dream about us having a little girl named molly about the time she was conceived! The lord works in mysterious ways! We got married 2 weeks before we moved. I was 2 month pregnant!
    Our second we sent an email with a picture of our daughter with a word bubble saying "I'm going to be a big sister!" Everyone was very excited!
    kristie1029

Answer by kristie1029 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• With the first, I had to "borrow" money from my mom's purse to get a test. She asked me about it the next day and I had to tell her why I took the money. Baby daddy didn't tell his parents for 3 months.

With second, my (now) hubby told me that my nipples looked huge so maybe I should take a pregnancy test. I did and the next day went to a clinic for definite results. As I was driving away, I called my mom. She was very happy! Hubby and I called the rest of the family together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• With our first, she was the first grand baby on both sides. She was the first great-grand child. We knew everyone would be mad if they weren't first. As it happened, hubby's 30th birthday was a few weeks after we found out. So, everyone came over for the party. We did our party thing. At the end of the party, we made our announcement to everyone at the same time. It was awesome. Our second child was the 4th grandchild, so it was like, Yeah, another one's coming. Not quite as exciting.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2010