HOw did you and hubby decide on the spacing of your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• 18 months apart. we wanted them to play together. Knew it would be rough in the beginning with the stress and work but it has been amazing.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• we dicided oldest should be well potty trained first. then she was and we werent ready so we waited until we were. im 10 weeks into second pregnancy and dd will be 3 this april.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I had to consider the cost of child care so I wanted to wait until my older child started school. They wound up 8 and a half years apart and I actually love it! If I was younger I would have had another with the same spacing!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I let him know when I was ready for another and we got at it lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We decided on a good distance that we were comfortable with and then got pregnant a year earlier than planned. lol. I get pregnant REALLY easily, so we knew it was quite possible. I am actually glad because I prefer the spacing now (about 2 yrs 9 months) instead of what we were planning (closer to 4 years).
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We didnt really decide. lol. I had my daughter when i was 19 and my son when i was 20, so they are 1 year and 3 weeks apart. I love having them so close together, but at the same time I wish they were spaced out a little bit more.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I had 2 before I met him. So when he said he wanted 2 of his own, I convinced him to let's have them and get it over with. So ours are 18 months apart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• By not being careful. LOL....... years ago, having and raising children was not such a financial challenge
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 11:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2010