traffic violations

Does anyone know what is considered a major or a minor traffic violation?

No insurance
wrong tag on the wrong vehicle
driving on suspended...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm thinking all three get your car towed and your butt in jail here. It would depend on your city and state laws.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Here, all three of htose are.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• they took the car, i have court friday and im in kansas...please no bashing, i didn't realize the liscense thing, I'm just trying to get some knowledge
    Anonymous

• No insurance...MINOR VIOLATION
    wrong tag on the wrong vehicle..THIS ONE I'M NOT SURE...WOULD IT BE CONSIDERED FICTITIOUS? IF SO, IT'S A FELONY
    driving on suspended... MAJOR VIOLATION
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 10:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• In my state, having no insurance and driving on a suspended licence is considered a major violation. And if you have those two, the wrong tags on the wrong car will be looked at as if you did it on purpose to avoid something. I would say if it were your first, be expected to pay some heavy fines.  If it is multiple, be ready for a few days in jail.  My brother did this and spent 6-months in jail on work release.  No fun.

sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 10:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• its my first offense...first time doing anything, just bunch of crap gone wrong and we didn't get it fixed. I have two babies at home and one on the way so I'm trying to figure out now how serious this can get. I want to be prepared.
    Anonymous

• I would call an attorney, one who handles traffic cases. He/she would be able to tell you what you are facing.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 10:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I don't know....they all sound major to me! In my state you are not allowed to drive without insurance at all....switching plates is completely illegal as they are registered to a specific car.....and driving on suspended is completely illegal! You could lose your license for a while and get some pretty big fines.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• If its your first offense how did your license get suspended in the first place? No insurance in my state gets your car towed.
    Anonymous

• i'm not worried about keeping my liscence or paying fines. I'm actually hoping for that. I know i did wrong and completly understand I have to pay. I'm terrified of jail. We really don't have anything to do with the kids when DH works, I'm a SAHM for that reason. I've been looking on the internet for an hour now and I can't find anything. I just hate being in the dark.
    Anonymous