Why don't you close your questions?

I'm just asking and I don't mean to be flip, but why don't you close your answers once you have gotten the answer to your questions? There are so many questions out there that have not been closed out... Just asking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I don't know why other people don't, but it bothers me too! If I spent a lot of time answering your question, I'd like a thank you ot at least some acknowledgment that I helped you.... choosing a best answer is a way to do that.
    Anonymous

• I didnt know it was possible.
    Anonymous

• I always close mine. It may take a month but I do it. What I wonder is, if you select a best answer and close it in the same process, does that person see they got best answer.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I have asked a few questions in the past and I had to pick the best answer to close it. I guess that it can be done. Does CM have a user handbook for this?
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 10:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• jeanclaudia......yes, you get an email if you're picked as best answer.
    i only pick best answer if i like any of the answers. if i didn't really like any of the answers i'm not gonna pick one as best. so why bother to close it?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• So people can go back and see if the question has already been asked and answered. Then we wouldn't have to answer the same questions 8 times a day.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• What difference does it make to you, if mine are close? Just asking.
    Anonymous

• don't they get sort of pushed to the bottom of the pile, so to speak, anyway?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Because they are lazy or unaware that they can. And "flip"? That's new. Why does it matter so much anyways? Don't let such little things bother you.
    Anonymous

• I never closed mine. They closed automatically when I picked "Best Answer"

It doesn't matter if they're closed. Anon :51 ... I'm not lazy. I don't have any reason to close them. There's no need. If someone finds it I would like their answers too. There's no need for me to shut it down.

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010