I need advise for a friend PLEASE HELP

I have a friend. She is a working mother who has 3 children. She works odd hours so she needs a babysitter. Her husband owns his own business and also works odd hours. This babysitter is showing interest in the husband. Has text him "Hope you have a good day love you." Now the problem tonight is that her husband is home. The babysitter was suppose to leave and never did. She works until 11pm tonight. I have offered to watch her children because I am a stay-at-home mother. The problem is my oldest son is in school and I cannot be in 2 towns at once. What should she do about this babysitter. She is affordable. And do you think there is something going on between the husband and the sitter? I dont want to see my friend hurt.

summerstarr14

Asked by summerstarr14 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• hahah have you seen the movie the babysitters? ...just saying
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Really? The problem is the husband who is letting him flirt and if she's saying "love you" then there is already a relationship going on. Physical and emotional. And why would you keep an "affordable" sitter who's sleeping with or likely about to sleep with your husband? This sounds odd.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We can't tell you what is going on between him and the sitter. For the sitter to text "I love you" is really odd.
    Maybe she could bring the kids to your house to watch the kids. Either way, I think she needs to find a new sitter even if there isn't anything going on. The sitter doesn't seem to know her bounderies. Your friend needs to find out what is going on though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Get rid of the babysitter AND she needs to tell her husband to stop being such a creeper ew!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• If she's keeping the sitter because she's affordable, does she know how expensive divorce is? Any sitter that texts "love you" needs to go NOW. If the husband isn't sleeping w/ her, I'll bet he will be soon.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Everything that you all just said I have told her. I think that I need a way to tell her that she can understand better. I am not saying that she isn't bright but love makes you dumb sometimes I even offered to watch the kids for free I love them like my own anyway and even then it is the schedules that screw us up I think she should find a way to change hers and her husbands to find a way to make it work.
    summerstarr14

Answer by summerstarr14 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• She may very well have to learn this one on her own. Getting a new sitter won't stop the affair from happenning honestly. She will have to wake up one day and when she does, you will be there to support her. :(
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• The solution to this problem starts right at the Alter. For Better , For Worse - For Richer, For Poorer is too often translated as..... As long as you don't piss me off, make mistakes, dissagree with me, become so overwhelmed from commitments WEVE made and cannot turn on a dime for me, experiance growth, while I hang onto immaturity. I think you see where I'm going with this. It is much easier to recognize and stand up to our commitment to our children as they experiance the above things as they grow, but somehow we expect as adults, we are supposed to be superhuman and faultless. It does'nt help that we live in a no-fault self centered society. Marriage is like a garden...... youve got a lot of tilling to do, bugs to kill, weeds to pull and a lot of resistance to turning your back on it, for something with less responsibility.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 10:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2010