Hi my son is 4 1/2 years old and hes been congested for mths now

we've been back and forth to the docs, Well we went like 3 weeks ago and she found that he had tons of mucous in his nose and ear so she prescribe antiboctics for his ear and patanase to dry the mucous in his nose( because when he blows his nose nothing comes out) well 2 weeks later im back at the docs because the spary didnt work. so the other doc checks his nose and ear again and he still has the mucous in his nose and ear. So here we go again he prescribe a stronger antiboctic and a different nasal spray called nasonex. And does some blood work, he also told me to make an appt. with the throat,ear and nose doc(which i did its on wed) but the nasal spray hasnt worked my poor son cant breath and hes not sleeping well either. Oh and the test results came back normal no allergies. My question is has any other moms kids went thru this and know what is going on? Im so nervous of what the docs going to do to my baby

Thank YOu

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Well he could still be allergic to something. It depends on what they did allergy testing for. Was it just for food allergies or did they also test for environmental? Or, he could be having problems with his tonsils/adnoids which could cause all the symptoms you've listed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It is hard to believe that one test shows no allergies. It normally takes years of weekly tests to determine that. Something is doing it. Do you have mold in your home? Something is causing it.
    Anonymous

• No we dont have any mold, I even went nuts cleaning everything in the house including the carpet and i went out and bought a humidifer. I have no idea. Really i didnt know it took that long to determine allergies. Oh i forgot to mention he snores like crazy because he cant breath.
    Anonymous

• Pull dairy for 4 weeks and see if that helps. Chronic congestion can be a sign of dairy allergy (Yes, without any other symptoms).
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I think they did both allergy test. they took 4 tubes of blood from him. And im thinking maybe its his adnoids because the doc mentioned that one time. Is that serious?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Eliminate dairy and give him a spoonful of local honey every day.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• but if i take away his milk he'll go nuts he loves milk?
    Anonymous