Baby monitors

When did you stop using it? DD is almost 3 years but there are some times when she will cry but not get up and I'm afraid that if I don't use it that I won't hear her.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd is 2 and my DS is 9 months and i still use them. I think 3 is a good age to stop just leave your door adn her door open adn put a gate so she cant go any where else so if she wakes up in the middle of the night she can just go into your room
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I had one on in my oldest sons room until he was 4 I think. It just made me feel better. He's 7 now and if he is sick I will put one in there so that I can hear him if he needs me, but that's the only reason.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 7:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My DD is 7 and my DS is 2. They share a room and I have one in there. The room is fairly new to Logan, so I worry that he'll wake up and get scared. Our room is literally at the opposite end of the house so I don't always trust that he'll make it to our room if he's scared. And Zoey hasn't slept in that room for a long time so it's kind of new to her too, and she's on the top bunk so I worry a little about her getting down in the middle of the night. And, if my kids throw up, it seems to always be in the middle of the night! I like to know when that happens!
    Plus, as a bonus, I babysit my nephew during the day and then get Zoey and my niece (who's 9) from school in the afternoon. As soon as the girls get here and head back there to play, there is tons of bickering and then they come and tattle on each other. Having the baby monitor hidden in the room is a great way to find out what's going on without them knowing! lol...
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• haha....well I guess we're the weird ones...we stopped using it at about 8 months. lol My twins were on such a strict schedule we knew when they would wake up, so yea....we don't use one and they are almost 13 months old.
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 12:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2010