with the kids home.

I was just looking for advice and new ways for me and DH to keep the spark going. We have been married for 18 years and have a 16 yo at home. DH has to get to work early in the AM and my son really goes to bed about the same time as DH so wating for him to go to sleep isny going to work, we will be too exhausted at that poiont lol. If you have a 16 year old you know that pop in and out all of the time so its hard to plan lol. If anyone can relate and has any advice or tips that have worked for them please let me know.

eyesoirish

Asked by eyesoirish at 11:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• i cant relate but maybe i have an idea, have him come home on his lunch break for a little quicky or if you both work both of you come home on your lunch breaks. If that won't work you both can take one day off of work just for yourselves. Just dont let the kids know you are both playing hookie. If you both stay home you can stay in bed all day just like newlyweds
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• try doing it in the morning before he leaves to work.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 11:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I have a 17 yr old SS at home and I totally understand. They do just "pop" in and out and don't really get the hint that the parents may want some time to themselves. We just take advantage of any chance we get. If the kids all happen to be gone, even if it's for an hour then I'm like..so??? Lol. Otherwise mornings are good or just plan a "date night" and tell your son that the house is off limits for a couple hours and he needs to make his own plans. It sounds mean but there is nothing wrong with that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I'd meet him for lunch or have date night and get a room!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i have my kids stay overnight at a relatives or friends house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My husband and I just go to our room and lock the door.  Our kids have been taught to respect privacy from an early age, that means if a door is closed - you knock.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• agreed, Beeky..........boundaries. My ex and I could not find a moment alone or have a conversation alone because of my stepson (who was at the time 21 y.o.). Hopefully others will have better options than I did, My stepson was 19 when I met my ex and so there was a whole background unknown to me. The predicaments we get ourself in...Ugggh, boggles the mind. If the children do not know boundaries, an intimate relationship with your husband, is the least of your problems.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 9:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• HMMM Can you all meet for lunch? Maybe he could come home for lunch and you could take care of business then LOL.
    Hmm... Or morning sex? I'm sure your 16y/o leaves early for school.

I mean you still can scratch the itch in the evening, just lock your door.

My case is different than yours - I keep my door shut but I have baby monitor(s) in my room so I can hear little patters if my
    DD is coming or my DS is crying. LOL. Keep your chin up chicki!

Maybe your 16y/o could go to a friend or relatives house on the weekend and that would be your alls weekeeeeeend! LOL.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2010