what can i do with $50 to celebrate my dd's 2nd bday?

times are tough right now & all we can afford is about 50 bucks to spend on my dd's second birthday. 75 might be possible but it's pushing it. what fun & memorable things can we do to for my dd? btw- the 50-75 has to be enough to cover myself, my husband, the birthday girl & her 4yo sister, another 2 couples and their 2 children. how can i stretch my money to cover us all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, I agree with the other ladies. An at home or park party is the best way to go. That's all I've ever done with my kids. Zoey is 7 and Logan is 2. We always do it at 2pm. That way, people have already eaten lunch but they are not ready for dinner. Get some snacks and make the cake yourself. That's about $10. Go to the dollar store for your plates and other decor.. that's about $5-$10 depending on what you need, but don't spend more than that. You could also get some bubbles, sidewalk chalk, coloring books or something small like that for each kid. I entertained 4 kids (ranging from 9-2) for an hour with just bubbles! Then use the rest to buy her a couple small gifts. No more than $5-$10/gift. Or just one larger gift if you want.
    The PPs are right, she's young enough that you don't have to make a big production out of it. Make it small and simple and just celebrate her! Make her feel special and it'll be a success!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• The child is 2, anything you do will be fun. Just have a small party at home and spend the money on presents.
    Anonymous

• I would have a small party at home.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 11:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• do a party at home or at the park around 2 or so, that way no on ewill be really hungry get some fruit to put our and bake a cake yourself, let her help you make it that morning. get some coloring books for the kids to play or chalk, something like that. GL!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• The blessing is that your child will not remember very much so having a big party will only impress others not your child. Have a birthday party at home with a few family and friends. Grill hot dogs and have some cake. The day will be great no matter what you do.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 11:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I would have a party at home with hotdogs, chips, maybe a pizza (We have a local place Little Ceasars that sells them for $5 for any large pizza). You could probably spend as little as $20 on food. As far as gifts - go to your local Dollar General or whatever discount store you have and stock up. At 2 your daughter doesn't realize the value of items so take advantage. You could go in there with another $20 and buy her 10 things! That would only add up to $40 and you would have $10 leftover to use at the dollar store for streamers, etc. You can also buy a cake mix at the dollar store for $1 and make your own cake, she won't care and it means more coming from you anyway. And games are always free! Play tag, duck-duck-goose, freeze dance, pin-the-tail or make your own scavenger hunt with cheap dollar candy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• a present. Spagetti. Make happy b day banners with paper and markers. Make the cake. (its costs about $3 to make a cake)
    Have fun!!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• 6 adults, 5 kids, 50-75 dollars for a party?

Have a party at home or a local park if it is nice out. Buy 99 cent streamers to decorate. You could do hot dogs, a watermelon, and chips for food. Make your own cake. Get off brand ice cream. And buy her gifts at the dollar store. 2 year olds love shiny things or things that look like "mommy's" things. You could even give her some of your stuff if you have anything she likes. You can also ask a local church if they have charity for children that cannot afford gifts for their bdays/Easter. They'll likely say yes and hook you up with someone who will help you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• You can also ask a local church if they have charity for children that cannot afford gifts for their bdays/Easter.
    ?????? If you can afford $50-$75 do not take from charity - someone else only has $2 in their wallet!

She's 2! . She would be delighted with a box of crayons & colouring in book!!!! If money is that tight, then save the $50. Make a giant pot of spaghetti Bolagnase , some crusty bread from the Day old shelf at the bakery.
    Take her 4 yr old sister to the dime store & let her pick a present. Painting, drawing, building with blocks, sandpit, even a play at the park are all the party your daughter needs.
    Search the internet & print off pics of her favourite shows http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/ is a great site & good starting point. Put on Mommies makeup, or better yet, let her and sister do Momma and Daddys makeup (same for your guests) allow yourself to be silly, & you don't need to spend much at all
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Take the $50.00 and open a savings for her. Enough said?
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 8:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2010