geneology question

I don't really know very much about my dads parents and he is dead so i can't ask him the questions i want to know. I am looking for a FREE website where i can lookup some information....i have tried ancestry.com but i can't get the info i need without paying for it and i can't afford it. So any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• have you tried familysearch.org ?

It's from the LDS church, but you don't have to actually be a member of the church to use it; lots of people do of all faiths because of their vast genealogy library and research info. 

It's also free. 

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Also go to your public library and ask them it they have access to the 1930 census and other information that might be helpful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Thank you for that information mogencreative, and I am going to try that and hopefully it will answer a lot of my questions as well.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 10:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• There are tons of sites out there. Rootsweb is part of ancestry, but it's free.  And Cyndi's List is filled with all kinds of links, some free, some pay to use, but it's like the clearing house of every resource you could ever hope to find.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2010