Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am disabled and I count on my son to help me. We have been staying at my Mom's to help her not to loose her house, but it has come to the point to where it may wreck our relationship and I would hate that so much...So my question is is there any organizations out there that could help me get out of her house and be able to live on my S.S.I. and what ever my son makes??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • maybe low-income housing but i think there are long waitin glist for those. Good luck, sorry thats all I can think of

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • I don't mean to be rude at all. I'm a SAHM and I don't work. My mom recieves disability according to how disabled she is and she can work up to a certain amount of income per year. Is that something you are able to do? Work a job that is friendly to your disability to add some income to your household? Other than that I dont know of any organizations. Best of luck to you.

    Answer by MamaChamp at 11:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • JLodge hires people on SSI, all their workers are disabled, it is also a job that you can do from the house.

    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

  • Call your Attorney general's office in your state, they can help so can calling the Salvation army. Low income/disability housing is your best best

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

  • Try Section 8 as long as you or your son are not felons or use drugs.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.