Graphic: I am almost 9 months pregnant..

and i noticed when i went to go to the bathroom that my undies were soaked! It was clear and odorless, but it's never been that.. well.. wet down there before.. any ideas what this could be? Or what my be causing it.. or if it's normal??? thx ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• your water broke go to the hospital!
    Anonymous

• Is it possible that your water broke?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I don't think my water broke because I heard that when that happens, it runs down your legs and soaks your pants, too.. and this was just my undies??
    Anonymous

• I would put on a pantyliner and if it is soaked, really soaked in an hour I would go to L&D. If you need to know how much a pantyliner can hold take a new one and run it under water.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I was also going to say that your water may have broke.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• You could just have a leak. That can happen when there is a tiny tear up high.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It is very normal to have an increase of discharge late into your pregnancy. It can be very watery and clear. It is debated on wether or not this is an indication that labor will be beginning soon, but either way it is completely normal. And btw, if your water breaks, you dont have to rush in immediately. I know first anon suggested that. But if you have something to finish getting done, like hubby coming home from work, or finish packing, etc, it is safe to do so. Good luck!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It's different for everyone. Some times it's a gush but if there is just a small tear it would just be a little leak.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• water can be a leak or a gush, your water is breaking. call your ob and see what she says.
    madfoot

Answer by madfoot at 11:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Smell it. If it smells like semen it is amniotic fluid. If it smells like urine, you may have a leaky bladder right now...not uncommon.
    Amniotic fluid also tastes sweet according to my midwife friend. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2010