Is it too soon to feel movement or am I further along than I thought

I think I am 6-7 weeks and I already feel the tiny flutters in my lower abdomen. This is my second child, so I know it isn't gas...there is a difference in the feel of the two. Am I further along than I think or can you begin to feel the movement at 6-7 weeks??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i really doubt you could feel movement that early. the baby is so incredibly small and i believe the bones are still forming and would't be hard enough or strong enough for you to feel. i think as early as maybe 12 weeks, but the norm is usually 16 weeks. maybe it could be gas even tho you said it coudn't be. maybe because you are preggers things have moved around and it feels different than usual. it is possible you are further along i guess, have you been checked or had an ultrasound yet?
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 12:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• The baby isn't bigger than a pea, is it? Does it even have arms and legs? Maybe you ARE further along! :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:29 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• No, I just took a home test yesterday. But I have just known for a week or so...thats when i started feeling the flutters. My period was messed up for 2 months...and now I am 1.5 months without one.....so I have no idea whats going on. Will just have to wait til the doc i suppose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I felt my second child at 11 weeks. I would say your farther along than you thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i felt my 3rd at 11 weeks so maybe you are futher
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• If you're really sure that's what you're feeling, you're further along than you thought (and with your period being messed up for a few months, that's a possibility). I'm 13 weeks pg with my 2nd and was seriously excited to start feeling movement after an ultrasound last week showed an actual baby with arms and legs instead of a bean ( with DS I only had an u/s at 7 weeks and 20 weeks, so I didn't really know till then that it would actually look like a baby already!). So I've been looking up info on when you can feel it, and the absolute earliest anyone even claims is 11 weeks, though I'm not even sure you can feel it THAT early. Right now I'm STARTING to feel flutters that I THINK might be the baby, but not quite sure yet. With DS I didn't feel it till 20 weeks (he was my first).
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2010