Will someone explain the concept of turn the other to me please?

I am having a hard time doing this. It seems I see harsh words and lies thrown around I can't just pick up and move on to something else. I want to defend the person or myself. But it falls on def ears.

Will allowing mean and twisted words to continue be ignoring and allowing evil to fester? Or is offering my other cheek a better idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• In my thoughts it means, just because someone is being mean or rude doesn't mean I should be the same. I just walk away. I guess it means setting the better example, or treating others as you want to be treated. It doesn't mean sitting there and being treated poorly, you have a right to walk away, but do it without a snide or nasty remark. Just my opinion :-)
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I think an amazing example of this is Ghandi, who was determined to bring revolution with peaceful means. I don't know exactly how "turn the other cheek" works in every situation, but I agree with the PP who said we shouldn't respond in kind.

HOWEVER, I think it's different when it comes to sticking up for someone else....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• well my thought on this is we are not doormats just for some one to treat you any oh way ....Pray about it God says you love your enemies and do unto them as you would have them do unto you ....You can love someone from a distance to .This is the greatest commandment to love one another ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2010