Do you shave? What, and why or why not?

I shave legs and pits. Once when i lived in a village in the Philippines I tried going "native" by not shaving my legs. The flies crawled on my leg hairs and I was so revolted! I decided shaving my legs was one little way I could feel a bit lady-like and pampered in a place where I didn't wear makeup, didn't have hot baths, and didn't even have a mirror in my hut. Later I learned the village women rub rocks on their legs to make them hairless. OUCH!

I will ALWAYS shave my pits. I just couldn't live with myself otherwise, and I bet DH couldn't either! I know, someone might say this is just how society has brainwashed me, and you're probably right. They've done a good job! The same can be argued for the fact that I keep certain parts of my body covered pretty much at all times, even when the weather is warm.....

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 12:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I always shave my pits and I shave my legs once a week. I can't stand the itchy pokey stubble from doing the pubic area, so I don't shave there. Did that a couple of times and regretted it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I shave my legs, pits and my pubic region. Me personally, I just don't like the hair, it makes me feel gross. As far as my pubic region, that is to help with odor and just because I like the way it looks better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• legs, pits, and pubes.....looks sexy in a string bikini
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• legs, pits, occasionally other areas :-) Have gone without doing the legs for a while but I got so many infected and irritated hair follicles from jeans rubbing on the hairs... plus I like the way it feels
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Legs, pits, and pubes. It makes me feel clean. I dont like feeling hairy.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 1:02 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I shave all three areas, I have shaved the pubic area for the last 17 years or so, to me it is just normal now. It does take some getting used to I think alot of women give up after 2 or 3 tries because of the stubble and itchies but once your body is used to it you no longer have the itchies, it just takes doing it routinely for a few weeks and using the right shave creams.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Everything except my head and my eyebrows, I do arms, legs pubes, I wax eyebrows and lip, and I shave or Veet any other hair I see
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I shave my legs, pits and pubes. My Pure Romance Coochy shave gel has been my best friend!!!
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 1:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Pits, legs, and anything that could hang out of undies, because yeah.. lol...

I shave the legs a tad less than I should but my hubby doesn't mind. :D If I'm wearing shorts out somewhere I am sure to shave. :D

Pits with every shower... undies area, as needed
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• *****My Pure Romance Coochy shave gel has been my best friend!!!

Love coochy lol, everyone i know who shaves uses it now. I bought plenty of it before I stopped selling PR so I would have enough to last awhile. Its also great as a conditioner for your hair if you run out, I love multipurpose products :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2010