Is 300$ too much or too little, to budget for my 4 year olds B-day?

your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It depends on what you're doing.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i spent about 400 on my daughters 5th bday, but thats cuz i never had a party for her any other years, (except just family), but she was in preschool, so i wanted to have a big, fun thing for her..so for the hall rental, food, decorations, party loot bags it ended up about that much!! but sooooo worth it! she had a blast!!

her 6th bday is next month, and i can guarantee you it wont be near that much, i just cant afford to this year!! :(
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Wow. way too much. How much does a cake and some hot dogs cost? Kids don't need to be impressed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Well a play place... the air jumping things... per kid.... Cake, Ice Cream, Pinata, Pizza, Drinks, presents...

I don't know if that will come to 300?

I was thinking it was too much.... my hubby's the one who through out the 300$ budget.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• it depends how many people are invited,also make it worth it.I once attended a party that was worth 700 and the whole thing didnt even look more than 5o dollars the mom blew money on stuff that was dumb.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It depends on what you wanna do. For Ds#1 4th b-day party we spent well over $800. He wanted to go to a Party Place and we had to reserve a table,pay person and per kids + food, gifts... then the entertainment: Mini golf, go carts, water boogie board things, arcade games, coins/tokens for games, wristbands for outside entertainment. Yeah that stuff adds up. And it'll NEVER happen again.

I'd keep it simple. Do something outside with plenty of room to run around. $300 is more than fine.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I think that sounds reasonable. My son just had his 1st birthday the other day and that is around about what i spend. Including, food, drinks, presents, wrapping paper, decorations, some other accesories. and took 10 kids to bouncland. and that was 8 bucks per kid. So I probably spent a little over 300 bucks. I think if all your bills are paid and you have the money than why not? your child will never have THAT certain birthday again.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 1:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It depends on what you are doing really. I'm planning my son's 5th birthday party and we are having it at the local Minor League baseball stadium and it's going to cost me $250. So if it's a big deal it's fine.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Sounds good. Have fun!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Like the other posts were saying, if you are having it at an indoors play place, typical party package prices run $150 and up. The ones I had looked at for my DD were around $250 for 15 kids. I personally can not afford to do that, but if you can, I'm sure it will be loads of fun. For my kids, we have the big parties at home, let them invite whoever they want, and we buy $5 pizzas from Little Caesars and make the cake homemade, and buy the decorations at party supply stores or sometimes even the Dollar Tree and it always comes out nice. I typically spend about $100 per party to include food, drinks, decorations and activities. I may spend a bit more this year and get her a big pinata too. But I do think $300 is a good amount if you can afford it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2010