Root canal still hurts 8 months later?

I had a root canal about 8 months ago and it still hurts when I eat a sandwich with cold meat. Does this mean they messed it up?

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 2:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Health

• I had that happen. The dentist I went to was horrible, but I lived in a small town and he was the only one and I didn't have my license yet to drive to another one. Anyways, it still bothered me a couple of years later and my new dentist said that the root canal was incomplete. It didn't help that I had a crown on that tooth and they had drilled through the crown to do the the RC, which also caused some problems. My new dentist removed the crown and finished the root canal and then put a new crown on that actually fit correctly. I haven't had any pain from that tooth ever since.

Talk to your dentist and have them check it out. If they say nothing is wrong and it still hurts, see another dentist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2010