baby daddy DRAMA!

alright so here's the situation. my son goes to his dads every weekend (that's what we agreed on in the joint agreement since i work on the weekends) from sat morning until sun night. this weekend he asked me to keep our son an extra day, so i allowed it. then this morning he called but i was sleeping, and i woke up 10 minutes later and called him back. he said he wasn't in town anymore and would drop our son off later, because i didn't answer the phone 10 MINUTES AGO! turns out he lied and just wanted to make me feel like shit that i didnt answer when he called (although that was my ONLY day out of the week i could actually sleep in) and he dropped our son off on time. but i was just thinking, what if he didn't? what could i really do if he wanted to drop him off later when i disagree? should i have called the cops?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No point in calling the cops because your son was dropped off on time. Nothing for them to do anything about.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:02 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• In this case, since he did drop him off on time, then there's nothing you can do except be glad that you aren't still romantically involved with such a jerk.

BUT - IF you have a written, legal custody agreement, and he doesn't bring your child home on time without your agreement, then yes, you can call the cops. But if you don't have a legal custody agreement, then I'm not sure how much they will be able to do, since he is the father and you don't have anything saying that he wasn't supposed to have the baby then, kwim?

Honestly, I think I would ask a lawyer about this, especially if you don't have a legal custody agreement.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2010