What time do your TEENS go to bed?

My kids are allowed to go to bed whenever, but they have to be up at 8am for homeschool.
We do have relaxed timing of schooling, but they have chores and exercise as well as personal things to do so have to be up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• We homeschool too. My 14 yr old dd goes to bed and wakes up on her own, she doesn't have set times and chooses her own schedule. As long as her school work is done we don't make it an issue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• my kids are -6months(we just adopted)15 - 17 - school nights they go to bed between 9 - 10:30pm on weekends they have to be home by 11pm for the 15 year old an midnight for my 17 year old - none school nights both in by 11:30pm or else they can get grounded for up to 2 weeks if late. an plus they have chores to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• They usually head up to bed at about 9:30, but they don't have to go to bed until 10:00. They get up at 6:30 for school. They stay up later on the weekends. Even during the summer though, we usually prefer them to head up about that time (10 pm), even if they don't go to bed. They can read, play video games, etc. Because my dh has to get up and go to work in the morning, and that way, we have some quiet time in the evening without kids before we go to bed.

It works out pretty well for us, and the kids are ok with it, too, so... :-)

Oh, I should say, our ds turned 17 in Jan and our dd will be 16 in April.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My two DD are grown now. But when they were teens they had to go to bed at 9pm (lights out).

Answer by louise2 at 5:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My 16 yr old is homeschooled as well and I'm not really picky about what time he goes to bed. However I expect alot from him so he has learned the hard way, come hell or high water he had better be ready to learn at 8am. If I suspect he's not giving 100% due to staying up to late I find extra things for him to do to help him make a better choice next time.
    rockinmomma01

Answer by rockinmomma01 at 7:45 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My 12 yr old - heads up to shower at 9pm on school nights.
    My 15 yr old - has a bedtime on school nights of 10pm, but she usually heads to bed when she gets tired anywhere between 8pm and 10pm.

Bedtimes are set in our house on what the individual child's sleep needs are. My 15 yr old has never needed as much sleep to function as my 12 yr old does.

My twins are now 20 and have no bedtime as long as they are mindful of the fact they have 2 younger siblings in the house that they are not to wake up as they come in and head to bed. BUT when they were in HS, one of the twins had a bedtime of 11pm while the other had a 10pm bedtime on school nights.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My 17 yr old goes to bed whenever she's ready. As long as she maintains her grades and makes it to school on time everyday then she's fine. She has a busy schedule with high school, she's taking her basics at the community college so that will be out of the way when she graduates and she works part-time, so I don't set curfews for bedtimes for her. She is really responsible and mature for her age.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 8:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I have three sons ages of 10,12,14. I space out the intervals of when they go to bed. My youngest usually 9 middle son 9:30 and my oldest 10. On the weekends I may stretch it to 10:30 for my oldests maybe 11:00 but nothing past that. It also depends on the weekends if they have sports then they go to bed earlier so they are ready for their games.
    Mel146

Answer by Mel146 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My 15 year old puts himself to bed by 9 pm. His life is so full with school and sports, that by that time he is tired. I have always allowed them to self monitor so they can make good choices and so far so good BUT I am not silly enough to know that at some point they will do things that shock me, I am happy for each day that goes by that I do not have to face that reality!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• 13 yo - 9:30 - 10:00
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2010