could i be ovulating or something else?

Little background real quick. My husband and I have been ttc baby #2 for almost 9 months now. I have really irregular periods so it has made it extra difficult to figure out when I am ovulating and stuff. I don't have the money to keep buying opk especially when I got them before they didn't work. Anyways for most of the day today I've had this almost constant dull pain in my uterus area kind of in the middle but off to the right side a bit as well. Also I noticed when I wiped tonight I had this clear slightly stretchy discharge. Not a lot but some. So could it be that I'm ovulating or maybe something else? I don't know anything would really be helpful. Thanks.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 3:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Do you know why your periods are irregular? You could be ovulating, but if you haven't already, you should get the irregular periods checked out by your Dr. I too am irregular and ttc. Makes it really hard to conceive. I have PCOS. Good luck and I hope you get a positive soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• if you didnt get a pos on the OPKs that means your not ovulating.... and to be quite honest i had to go on BC for 3 months just to get regular, the nuva ring is perfect low dose and i had a regular 25 day period now for 6 months! sometimes you have to do that first to be able to concieve.... Good luck ma;am!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 8:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• When my husband and I started trying to conceive baby #2 I had a miscarriage we started trying again as soon as we could. I have irregular periods as well. After 9 months of trying I bought a period tracker on my iphone and kept track of all my periods and it calcuated the days I most likely would be ovulating. I know its not the most accurate especially with irregular periods. Sorry for the TMI but...we just had sex as much as possible starting before those dates and a week after and it worked. The next month my period was late and the pregnancy test was positive. So I say it's worth a shot. I did read that your discharge can change while you're ovulating. So my advice would be if you think you might just be ovulating then grab your man and try to make that baby :)
    Karehunny

Answer by Karehunny at 5:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2010