Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I support and approve of my 25 yr old daughter standing by a man who is charged with CSC against a little boy?

My daughter who is 25yr old, has a little girl who is 5 yrs old. She has been involved with a man who was recently arrested for CSC in =I 5 charges against him for 1 little boy. This happened 1 year before they got together. He swears it is a Lie, yet he just took a plea bargain for 15-20 yrs. My daughter still believes he is innocent!! we fight about this all of the time. She is not talking to me because I wrote the man a letter in Jail , telling him to let my daughter go on with her life..leave her alone. Now my daughter wants to marry this guy...what do i do?


Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Don't support her. You can't. And frankly, I disagree with the above person. You did well in writing that letter. If he actually cares about someone other than himself, he would have taken your advice. Make sure you stay in her life as well as your granddaughter's life. There may be a point where you need to take steps to protect your grand child. Be strong. It's not fair, but what else can you do?

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

  • Well you definitely NEVER should have written that letter. You just pushed your daughter to cling to him more. Leave her and him alone. 15-20 yrs is a long time and if you let your very grown daughter make her own choices there would be a lot more chance of her leaving him!

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

  • He is in jail... he cant do anything from there! She will learn and move on once she meets someone else! Dont push her to him by telling her to stay away, but dont support the relationship either! 15-20 is a long time, do you really thing she is going to wait for him until she is in her 40's???

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

  • What you can do is keep your granddaughter away from him. If she is still a minor when he gets out, take custody of her. There will probably be a condition of his parole that he can't be around any minor children or involved with any woman with minor children.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

  • I agree with mother, but your daughter is an adult and whether you like what she is doing or not, it is her call, you have already told her how you feel, that is all you can do.

    Answer by older at 2:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2010