I am asking this to help a friend of mine because I am not sure what to say!

Ok it is four in the morning here and I just got a call from a friend of mine, fron a different state waking me up saying she is going to kill herself. Back round is needed to understand association and her situation. She is a life long pagan, her mom was a pagan. Now will I was living in another state I met her and she moved in with me because she was 16 got pregnant and her mom dh threw her out. Before I moved I convinced her Grandma who is a strict Christian to let her move in. Well now I guess the baby is almost 2 and her grandma is telling her she is going to take her baby because she is pagan. I have not spoken with this girl in almost 21/1 yrs now. I guess that with every thing her grandma is saying she wishes to end her life. So she called to ask if suicide is an un forgivable sin? If taking her life would make it up if there was a god. She is not making much sense, but it sound like her grandma made her feel

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 7:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow, tell her suicide is selfish, she would be leaving her baby to fend for herself, for this reason alone she should find a way to deal and surpass those feelings. What makes her think she is an abomination, her suicidal thoughts or something else?
    In any case I would reach out to her sense of motherhood and protecting her child, if she takes her life, she would certainly leave the baby to her grandma for sure. Regardless of suicide being a sin or not, it is always the cowards way out, encourage her to get some help because suicide thoughts are a sign of a more grave underlying reason. Wishing you luck in your endeavor, ask her this, do you know how many people would give for a chance at life that you are having thoughts of getting rid of?

Answer by older at 7:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• that the only answer is death. She knows that in her heart she is pagan and that wont ever change, but doesn't want to live knowing majority of the world thinks she is an abomination against god. How can I help her? What do I say? I'm at a loss and can admit a little to close to the situation? Advise PLEASE ASAP!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I would call a suicide hot-line and ask for advice. If she is serious or your not sure call 911 and give them her address. She needs more help then you are able to provide living so far from her.

In her Grandmas defense, she may not know the girl is suicidal. The Girl should respect the fact that she is living in her Grandmas house with her baby, this can't be easy for Grandma. I would not bring my Christian beliefs to a Pagan house if they were taking me and my child in off the street, she shouldn't push her Pagan beliefs on Grandma, its her house.  That aside the girl needs help.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• The girl has not brought any of her religious stuff in the house and has been respectful. However I am on hold with the PD up there, and have been trying to reach the house problem is they are about 1 1/2 from the nearest town. I have her on my cell and text my friend her brought her phone so I could call up there. The best I can think of right now is keeping her on the phone until some one gets there. I do know her grams knows she is suicidal though the docs told her that while I was still there and she went to the hospital for a failed attempt.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• What makes her think she is an abomination, her suicidal thoughts or something else?

Her grandmas preaching and telling her that and she is hell bound.

I tried the baby thing already she is convinced that the baby would be better off with a nice Christian family.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• 1 1/2 hrs sorry
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• hotmama, how exasperating!!! you got to at least make sure someone is with her, don't leave her alone for a minute maybe you could get a three way line with the suicide hotline.

Answer by older at 7:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I asked to do that she said she would hang up. I'm keeping her on line because she is asking me to take her baby. I told her we have to hash out some things first. So we are working out details until the cops get there. I just got off hols the said they are 30 mins. out. They were on there way back from another call and are turning around.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Oh lord! keep us posted, hope everything will be ok, and they get there on time! Praying for all of you!

Answer by older at 8:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Telling someone that is suicidal how selfish they are is not going to help. When someone has gotten to the point where all they can feel is emptiness and pain, suicide may seem to be their only option. Calling the police for now is your best option. I think what your friend really needs is to find somewhere else to live, her Grandmother is not helping. I know to some people cutting off ties with family members because of your beliefs is hard. But there are times when it's the only way you can survive and be true to yourself.

Let us know how she's doing. Oh yeah...and the court is not going to let her Grandmother take the baby because of your choice of religion. The suicide thing, that's a different story.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2010