Do you feel like your husband doesnot show love?

Sometimes it seems as my dh doesnot show me love or affection. I wanting to feel love but i dont. Our talk is about kids, bills, etc, nothing romantic.. anyone feel empty in their marriage, like they arenot getting loved??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• My hubs and I have been married going on 19 yrs, and he is not a 'touchy, feely' person and show his affections that much. (he also grew up in a house with little affection). I know that is how he is and I accept that, I don't take it personally I do know he does love me. I have learned that if I want a hug or kiss I either have to hug and kiss on him first or I have to speak up and tell him what I want and then he will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I wonder if maybe your husband is showing you love in his way, but you are not "getting" it. There is a wonderful little book entitled THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES by Gary Chapman, which is very eye opening when it comes to this subject. We all have our own love languages and we expect to be loved in the same way that we love. That seldom happens. So there is a miscommunication of love. Your husband's language may be acts of service while yours may be quality time. Another language is gifts. The other two are touch and words of affirmation. Every person has a primary love language and also a secondary language. Once you figure out what yours is and what your husband's is, your whole marriage may change pretty quickly. It's a quick read and very helpful for marriages suffering such as yours is.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Honestly, no....he isn't always romantic and sometimes expresses his affection in "cave man" ways but I always know.

Talk to him...after the kids are in bed and on a night when things aren't stressful just sit and talk to him....no yelling, no blaming, no accusing.....
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:09 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i'm beginning to feel it too.. not only is he not showing me affection (even in the other ways), but it seems like the only time he spends with me, is to have sex. and he's just a boyfriend. :-(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I use to be in the same situation. We will be married for 13 years in May. Sometimes, moods will effect guys attention towards other people, even their wife and kids. My husband can be a huge flirt to me when he wants to be. At times, I felt like we were only housemates raising our 2 kids together. I learned that reaching out to him first will indeed have him give his affection back to you. It works with most anyone, even kids and pets. LOL Give it a try.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• He never shows emotion so I figure he's not going to start now no matter what I do. I just accept him as is. Rachael Ray this week will be about a man's brain and how they think and why they act like they do. Maybe that will help you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2010