different ways to say daddy

My son hasnt seen his biological father in quite a few months. The man was severly abusive to me, so I left him. I have a child support hearing coming up in may and I know hes going to file for visitation. I have been with my fiance for a year and a half and my son knows him as dad, because he supports him emotionally and finacially. More than his real father ever could. My son is only 2 and isnt going to understand the concept of haveing to fathers in his life. I would like to make this easier by giving his real dad a different lable other than "daddy" because I dont want my son confused. What are some different ways to say dad. I need a few ideas other than "pops" or "papa". Please help!!!!

a.mitchell09

Asked by a.mitchell09 at 7:50 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• just say your father.... that's what he is. and your fiancee is his daddy. it's always less complicated to do the truth. just tell him a father is who helped make you and a daddy is who helps raise you and loves you. sometimes they can be the same person and sometimes they are different people. also maybe getting a book about adoption might help.... you could try the library. i'm sure there must be books about that.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• If he was abusive to you, what are the odds that he will be abusive to your son? I apologize for advice that you didn't ask for, but in your place I would cancel the hearing, let the issue of child support go and keep my son away from your abuser.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• He can file for visitation until the cows come home, but that doesn't mean they will grant him any. If you indeed have proof he is abusive, then let the court know that. Demand bare minimum supervised visitation. Just because he is ordered to pay support DOES NOT mean he has a right to visitation.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2010