What kind of deodrant should a 9 year old wear? Is there any made for young kids, teens?

Vermonter1972

Asked by Vermonter1972 at 7:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• teen spirit
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My daughter started getting sweaty and stinky so I took her shopping to pick a deoderant. We smelled them all and then she pick Secret Platinum Vanilla Chi scent. So whenever I know we are having a day with a lot of activity I remind her to put it on, and she does. A few days ago she came over by me and gave me a hug. I said "oh you smell yummy, did you just eat something?" and she says "no, I put deoderant on my forehead" I said "it's not for your forehead" and laughed and she says "but mom that's where I sweat!"
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Bloo, that's too funny. The innocent logic kids can come up with always makes me laugh.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 9:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• LOL@ BlooBird, that is just too cute and funny! I can see my son doing something like that,lol.
    For my son...who happens to be Mr.Stinky underpitts himself...I bought him degree for men. It works well. His dad bought him Old Spice deoderant and to me, that smells just as bad if not worse than his B.O., lol..so I tossed it. But the degree works good. Then he sprays his clothes with that Axe body spray...my sons idea,not mine,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• If it's a girl I would make sure you get the aluminum free kind. Tom's of Maine makes a nice one. Most deoderants and antiperspirants have aluminum in them. Men's products don't seem to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Teen Spirit Stick is what I used to wear!:)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I agree with the above poster, Toms of Maine has a line of lasting, healthy-for-you deodorants. I personally love the Apricot scented one. But the above poster is wrong about the men's deodorants, most do come with aluminum. Aluminum is used as an antiperspirant.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 11:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Until you find a good aluminum free one that works well just use alcohol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Use an Aluminum free deoderant. Do not use alcohol. It will over dry the skin which could lead to harmful infections.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i read somewhere that aluminum causes cancer and like 75% of breast cancer starts in the upper corner towards the armpit of woman. also that breast cancer rates started to rise dramatically when the deodorant turned into antiperspirant and added aluminum. kind of scary.

Anonymous