Postpartum Care for Mom - TMI but really curious!

Ok, I know this is probably TMI but I am REALLY curious! I absolutely HATE using pads and was curious how soon after delivery I could use tampons? Bleeding for 2 weeks or so afterward and using pads the entire time just really doesn't sound good to me ... any help would be GREAT!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You shouldn't use tampons until 6 weeks post-partum because you are at risk for infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Try the Always Infinity (sp?). They aren't as bluky as other pads. But I agree with pp you shouldn't use tampons until the doc releases you. Congratulations on your baby!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 8:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I know its not the best, but you need to wait till at least 6 weeks.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• You should NEVER use tampons after birth. There may be a little extra tissue that needs to be discharged, you could cause more harm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Always makes some super absorbancy that are quite thin and aren't bad. It sucks but tampons are not a good choice after birth.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I was the same way - I am an exclusively tampon girl and haven't worn pads since like middle school. But to be honest, after my daughter was born, it wasn't bad. Plus, if you're anything like me, you won't want to stick anything up there for a while anyway!

You'll get used to it pretty quickly and it will be fine.
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 2:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2010