Ok so I have had 3 positive pregnancy tests but my period isn't due to start until the 1st. It says the earlier you know the better. What do I do now? Do I have to wait longer before going to the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Congratulations! Call the doctor's office, explain to them, and ask when you should come in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Go ahead and give them a call. It's very unlikly to get a false positive. Congratulations!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 8:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Go on in to the doctor so you can start your prenatal regimen and to be sure everything is good.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:09 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• You go ahead and call the dr. They will most likely schedule your first appointment for about 6 weeks after your missed period. Sometimes it can take a while to get into an OB/Gyn so calling as soon as you get a positive HPT is a good idea. Most drs like to schedule the first prenatal visit at 6 to 8 weeks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:12 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• The first prenatal visit is not until 8 weeks.

If it were me I would wait until about a week after I missed my period and then call them to set up an appointment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• If your tests are coming out positive you are very likely pregnant. I would suggest you call your doctor and explain to them and let them tell you what to do from here on. Congrats!
    Annasofia

Answer by Annasofia at 9:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My doctor schedules first prenatal appts when i'm 8 weeks along. I think other docs may do it differently,I'm not sure. Give doc a call and find out when you should come in. Congradulations! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• What you do now, after you make your appointment, is eat better, don't smoke or drink and get plenty of rest. Take vitamins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It is VERY rare to get a false positive so I would definitely say you're pregnant! Congrats! Like the other posters said, call your doctors office and let them know what's up and ask when you should make your first appointment. Some doctors won't want to see you until you are 8 weeks, some 12 weeks, and some even wait until 20 weeks, and then some will see you right away.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Congrats! I know I went to the health department && got them to verify it, but that's only because I didn't have an OBGYN && then I got set up with a dr. @ 8 weeks. So yeaaaa! Get ready for a crazy journey!
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 10:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2010