PINK EYE!!!!!

I have Pink eye, and a 5 month old daughter.. I just read that if she gets it, it can cause some serious health complications. anyone know what they are? or some extra preventative measures I can take, other than hand washing and sanitizing. I have called her Drs office, but they were rude and said they can't give ME any medical advice. and I left a message for MY Dr, who is slow at getting back.

Do I need to stay away from her all together??

babybug09

Asked by babybug09 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First, don't panic. Really. Only complications would be is if your daughter got pink eye and you ignored it. So dont' work yourself up. Get to a doc and get yourself treated.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Wash your hands often especially if you rubbed your eye and don't touch her face if at all possible. Don't use the same wash cloth or towel for both of you. It's not the end of the world if she gets it and any health complications would occur if left untreated. If she starts to get it, take her to the doctor. It will be ok.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:07 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Thanks ladies.. We don't share towels yet at all, I'm just afraid that she'll touch MY face.. she's getting to the stage where she likes to grab at my face. I'm a SAHM so I'm around her all day.
    I definitely wouldn't ignore it if she got it.

I just got a call from my Dr, he's calling in a prescription for drops. I'm trying to stay calm about it, I've had pink eye a lot and have never worried.. but I've never had a baby when I've had it.
    babybug09

Answer by babybug09 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Are you BFing by chance? The best treatment for pink eye is a couple drop of breast milk in the eye belive it or not. If you aren't BFing, then keep your hands washed and take care to not touch your baby's face.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• no I'm not BFing..
    babybug09

Answer by babybug09 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2010