my boyfriend is arguing with me pretty much every day. i cry alot and i hate it. i try to stay away from it because i dont want to miscarry.. so i try just walking away or going in a different room, but he eggs me on and laughs at me for crying and calls me names.. like a human garbage disposal because of my appetite now that im pregnant and calls me hormonal and that there cant be any food in the house or i eat it all...what should i do? i really want my baby to have a mom AND a dad together...but the stress gets unbearable... i feel really stupid like he doesnt care about me or the baby.

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Don't stay with someone who treats you like dirt. Do you REALLY want that for your child?? Do you think that when the baby is born he will magically change into Prince Charming? What you are describing is not healthy for you, and definitely isn't healthy for the baby. If you leave your b/f, that does not mean that your child won't have a dad. It might be someone who is not his bio-dad. But he can mean so much more than an abuser.

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• You don't need someone that is going to treat you like crap. As far as what the previous person said...biology doesn't make a man a "daddy." There are lots of men out there that have been nothing more than sperm donors. When the right person comes along though, he will treat you right and love you for you AND the child because he/she is a part of YOU. Good Luck.

Answer by mommyof2tobe84 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Listen I lived with that and never got the pregnancy I wanted, I also delivered early because of it, then after my daughter was born he kept treating me like crap and turning my daughter against me. You dont want that for your kid. If you want to make things work I say you tell your man to wise up or your walking out. YOu dont need that. Good luck. Please stay strong.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I've had some boyfriend problems as well & I always ask myself this question: "Is it more important to have a mommy and daddy that fight all the time & teach the baby bad lessons & traumatize the baby, or is it more important to just have a mommy and have a happy baby who sees no fighting or sad mommy"

Answer by CaydensMama505 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2008