Anyone know of toys that attach to the grocery cart so you can shop in peace?

Does anyone have suggestions about toys that you can attach to the grocery cart so that you are not spending your entire shopping trip picking up toys off the floor? Thanks

momof2girlz33

Asked by momof2girlz33 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use a floppy seat, I can't stand putting my kid in those filthy carts!! They come with little loops you can attach toys to, or you can attach toys directly to the cart. They sell little snap on rings that you can attach to any toy that has a loop on it.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I have never taken a toy with me. I give the kids paper and pin when they are old enough for it. But they are "helping" me.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 11:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I know there are toys that attach to strollers, you can just attach those toys to the cart. We had a lot of those way back when. Good idea to attach them to the shopping cart. I always gave my kids a bagel when we got there. It helped.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• We used to use a floppy seat cover that had a mirror and some little toys attached. You could also try one of those toy plastic chains, just attach one link to the shopping cart's handle and your child can play with the rest of the chain. Or any toys that have a velcro loop you could attach to the handle.

Do the stores in your area have carts meant for kids? Some of the stores near me have carts with little steering wheels so the kids can pretend to drive. My son loves them!
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 11:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I bought a fisher price shopping cart cover that comes with an attachment. It has flaps and a mirror and plays music. All the different farm animals make sounds. We use it in the shopping cart and car seat. You just have to prepare yourself to hear "Oh where, oh where has my little dog gone?" 8,000 times in one shopping trip.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2010