9 month old crying alot at bedtime please read

Hello my son just turned 9 months on sunday and sunday night and monday night were horrible!!! When its time for bed he just crys and crys for at least an hour sometimes more. We try rocking him, giving him a bottle, last night we tried a bath, we tried letting him cry it out but after a hour thats enough of that. Nothing is working. He also wakes up 2 or 3 times a night and does the same thing. He has always been a great sleeper. He did hit his head sunday im not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. My husband and I are just getting soo frusterated and dont know what to do anymore. We just want to help him and figure out whats going on.

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ummm take him to the doctor and have his head checked out and everything else to rule everything out. And if hes ok then try holding your son, thats what babys need sometimes to get to sleep. If hes stil taking milk throughout the night then thats why hes still waking up and if not then maybe hes just having a hard time staying asleep hes humen we do that. my son didnt sleep all through the night till he was a little over 2 and even at that he still wakes up sometimes and hes 3 now. Part of being a parents sweetie, we dont always have the kids that sleep straight through the night like we hear other moms talk about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Take him to the doc to have his ears checked. When your ears hurt from an ear infection it hurts to lay down.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My daughter did this when she had an ear infection.. it's horrible!
    Pocketmouse

Answer by Pocketmouse at 11:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Umm take your baby to the doctor. Could be an ear infection, an issue from him hitting his head, tummy pain/gas (did you introduce a new food?), or teething. If it's from him hitting his head it might be a brain bleed or concussion or just a headache. Did you try ibuprofen?

That being said, it's also normal for their sleep habits to change. Is it possible he's over-tired and wants to go to bed earlier?

Is it possible he's having an attachment disorder or having an issue with separation anxiety? Sometimes they learn when you're going to put them down and if they're having trouble with that they'll cry when you're going to put them down. Have you thought about trying out co-sleeping and baby wearing if he's not getting enough affection/attention ? Crying like that is a symptom of an attachment disorder.

It could also be he just completed a milestone or is just in a fussy phase. Don't get frustrated, be concerned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Thanks everyone. He was a bit cranky last week so i took him to the doc tuesday and friday cause i thought he had an ear infection but they said no just teething. I will be taking him back in again tonight because i think its ear infection too. We did get him to sleep in the swing and as soon as that happend i thought ear infection cause i know it hurts to lay down with one. And Anon. he still wakes up every night once but is easy to get him back to sleep not like now where it takes a hour or more. I just feel so bad and helpless. I hope we can get things solved at the doc later. Thanks everyone again!
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2010