I had a miscarriage a little over two weeks ago. We had sex five days later. Is it possible I'm already pregnant again? Or is it totally impossible?

I'm just not feeling well and smells are getting to me. Which is what happens when I get pregnant. I just don't think its possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• your better off calling your dr, i thoght you werent suppose to have sex that soon after a miscarriage?
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It's possible but not always wise. They usually tell you to allow your body to heal. The chances of having another m/c is high.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I had stopped bleeding when we had sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• :-( don't know, but I don't think it's LIKELY you'd get pg 5 days after a m/c, b/c it's doubtful you would've ovulated that soon after. I had a very early m/c (only around 6 weeks) and for me it was like a late period (only more painful, ofcourse). In fact, my dr was cursing early hpts b/c he said they're to blame for the high rate of m/c (b/c before them the m/c would happen before the woman knew she was pg and she would just assume her period was late). My body went back to it's normal cycle and I ovulated 2-3 weeks later. But I don't pretend to know how everyone's body works, so I'm sure it's always POSSIBLE to have ovulated that soon. Definitely take a test and talk to your dr if you're still concerned.
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I'm not concerened honestly. I was not quite nine weeks. It happened quickly. We wanted to be pregnant so bad so if it happens again so soon I'm fine. I'm not sure how else my body needs to heal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I don't know why your body would need to "heal". I hated when people told me that. Physically, miscarriage is a natural occuring thing and unless you had a D&C, your body doesn't react much differently than it does during a period. Emotionally if you guys are ready to try again, go for it. One miscarriage does not mean the next pregnancy will result in another one. Your doctor won't do much to help you unless you've had three but you can insist on him testing you to make sure you don't have any underlying conditions that would cause miscarriage to be a problem. I got pregnant one cycle after a loss and if I had not insisted he check my hcg and progesterone levels, I could have lost the baby I am holding now. Get educated and be proactive! I hope this is the only time you have to deal with this. I am sorry for your loss.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I forgot to mention that if your hcg level has not reached zero yet, it is possible to still be feeling the effects from the pregnancy and that would explain how you are feeling. Ask you doc!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I agree with the last poster. Physically, your body is probably ready to be pregnant again right away. My dr (who we had just met under those circumstances, cause I hadn't had an appointment yet) told me to wait 2 cycles, but that was for mental health, and the generic advice I'm sure he gives everyone. We did it (and DS's sue date was actually the day we lost the previous pregnancy), but it was SO unnecessary, and probably made it WORSE for me mentally (the waiting). If you feel you're ready to try again, go for it! Probably this week or next (because I think it does take a little while for your hcG to reach 0) will be a good time for you to try. :-) Good luck!
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2010