For the Christians - do you also celebrate the Easter Bunny and if so Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes because it is fun for the kids, and I always look for a reason to get my dad or grandpa to dress silly they are way to serious!:)
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• We do Easter baskets and eggs etc. with our kids. My hubby and I both grew up in homes that were not religious and we always celebrated the secular tradition of Easter. So for us it's a childhood tradition that we have carried on to our children to celebrate the beginning of Spring and the new life it brings. Now that we are Christian, Catholic to be specific, the religious celebration of Easter and the secular celebration are separate in our home and the religious aspect is far greater than anything else we do on Easter Sunday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• We do an Easter basket and eggs for fun, but the "easter bunny" will forever be known as a fun character, just as Superman or Scooby Doo... Because Easter is about Jesus and his death and resurection, not eggs and candy!

Same goes with Christmas... Santa will never be taught as real, but as some fun Character that some kids believe in, so don't tell them he isn't real. Christmas is about Jesus' birth, not not about presents. We give gifts because it is a birthday party for Him.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• No. We celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Kind of. We say the Easter Bunny is coming but the kids know we are the Easter Bunny. We focus more on Jesus and not so much the Candy and eggs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• we dont do the bunny and eggs, we have a memorial, we remember what Jesus gave for us.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I don't celebrate the Easter Bunny. However we talk about the Bunny and pretend he hides baskets in the house. My kids are totally on to my husband and me, but they continue to pretend just so I can still have fun, aren't they sweet. Okay so maybe the candy they get has something to do with it.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2010