laughing.....

my dd has been having problems lately with different things. i think some of it is social.....she is 10....the strangest thing happened the other day.my oldest dd who is 31 is pregnant and her baby is very sick.....she started to laughher butt off.i didnt get it?last night she stubbed her toe twice and it hurt but rather than crying she laughed....i called up my older dd (she slept over)she said she wanted to come right home and did not want to go to the movies.my oldest(who is married and already has one )said she was very distant.she doesnt have many friends.she said she liked to see dead animals...thats just a small version of whats going on...its like she is getting less empathtic to other people and to herself???any ideas???

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sounds kind of scary, I would take her in for counseling myself. It's the dead animals thing that freaks me out.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I would RUN to a professional for help.... this does NOT sound like normal behavior.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• You need to make a consult with her pedi asap and get a referal to a psyc doc
    Good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I understand the laughing at her pain. Not sure why we do that but I remember going to the ER with 3 broken toes and laughing my a$$ off. They wouldn't give me anything for the pain bc they thought I had taken something before I got there. I also laugh when I get really nervous or scared. Not sure what to tell you about the dead animal thing. I'm not with her on that!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• run do not walk to get this kid some help it sounds liek she is having a psychotic break.; inappropriate laughter and everything. she need evaluated asap
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 2:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2010