Is it normal to start gaining a lot of weight at 6 months

This is my first pregnancy. I have been wearn a size 3 up til I gt six months now I'm barely a 9. Is this norm

YoungMa2010

Asked by YoungMa2010 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That's when I started actually showing, but you shouldn't be gaining an extreme amount. Best thing is to talk to your dr. && make sure you're not overeating.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 11:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• If you were what doctors consider under-weight to begin with then you may be gaining more than what an average woman would need to. During your last trimester you WILL gain a lot, and faster than in the first two as the baby grow so I say that unless you are putting on heaping amounts it's probably okay. Just make sure you are eating healthy and speak to your doctor to make sure your weight is on track for you personally.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:29 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Just be careful not to gain too much too fast. Check with your doc, if he says your fine then don't worry about it.
    Personally, with my first 2 I started at 98 lbs "considered underweight" and only gained 24 lbs before delivery, but my doc said that everything was fine. This time I started at 104 and am now at 128 and 36 weeks.
    Everyone is different, if you have any concerns always talk to your physician. Good Luck.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yes, because this is when the baby really starts to fatten up. In turn you gain weight.
    Just try to maintain a healthy steady incline. You don't want to suddenly be 30 lbs heavier in the next couple of months.
    Talk with your OB about healthy eating habits and what is a good weight to land on at the end of the pregnancy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2010