Also, what is appropriate attire to wear in a church?

dealing47

Asked by dealing47 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My sister feels ok in pants but I just can't do it. I have to wear a dress/skirt or I just feel wrong! I don't judge others but pants just are not for me in church. I wear them at home and in public but not to church unless it's for a casual meeting.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It depends on the church. Ours is awesome, jeans and flipflops are fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Jesus said to "come as you are"
    So many times, I decided not to go to church because I didn't have nice enough clothes to wear and I was ashamed.Until someone made it clear to me that God would want me to be there no matter what i was wearing.
    So, I've been to church in jeans,a button up blouse and flip flops because it was the nicest thing I owned.
    Appropriate attire is to wear the best that you have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Depends on the church. Some have a mix of attire from jeans, tshirts, dresses, dress pants, suits and ties or just dress shirts and khakis for men. If you are wondering you can call the church and ask them what their average attire is.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It depends on the church. At my church it was Casual Dress Attire. Either a casual pants suit, or nice jeans and a nice top. Nothing dingy or street.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:44 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It depends on which church. I have seen people in what looks like lingerie:) Not saying that is ok, but it shows different churches except different attire. When I was Mormon it was Sunday best dress. At my grandmas baptist church it was slacks and a nice shirt.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I was raised to always dress in my "Sunday Best" so thats what I still feel comfortable in on the rare occassion that I go.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• it depends on the church. ive been to strict churches that expect women to wear long skirts or dresses and men in suits and ive been to churches that have no expectations (shorts, flip-flops, jeans, whatever). my dad's church has a good mix of "Sunday Best" ppl and jeans/tshirt ppl...its nice.

check the church's website (if they have one) or give them a call. if they expect something specific they will let you know. and if you are going this Sunday ppl will probably be dressed extra nice b/c its Easter...at least every church ive ever been to everyone dressed extra nice for Easter.

but for me personally, i dont wear anything low cut, sleeveless, super short, or really tight. basically, i try to dress as nice as i can w/o drawing negative attention to myself.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2010