Lord's prayer tattoo

A friend of mine is getting the Lord's prayer on tattooed on his arm. I am in the air on this one. I think it cheapens the prayer and is too big. On the other hand, if you are going to get a tattoo, make it as Godly as you can.

what are your thoughts on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• its his body so his choice. it is long and big and imo it will look tacky. but not up to me :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• ...and this affects you how?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• my personal relationship with this man is none of your business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• "my personal relationship with this man is none of your business. "

We could just as easily say that his tattoo is none of your business.

IMO, words make poor tattoos. I prefer symbols. But, his body is not my (or your) business.
    Anonymous

• His body his choice. I agree with them sorry. Unless he is your SO OR DH then you have a say. I personally like symbols better as well as the other poster.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I think it is a bit tacky, but I have seen worse. Like an above poster I prefer symbolic language for tattoos. Of course it is his choice but that doesn't mean one can't anonymously use the opportunity to start a general discussion of what our opinions are of such things. Since the OP isn't discussing gouging it out of his arm, why not just discuss the issue at hand instead of crucifying her for stating an opinion, which frankly we all have whether we are comfortable admitting it or not? These discussions could actually be interesting if everyone didn't clog them up with self-righteousness.

Anonymous

• Ok I can see what the last anon is talking about here. So I still agree with my comment I do apologise if it was in any rude, or a mean assumption. Sorry it's a bad morning for me and I'm a little quicker to pick faults this morning. Have a nice day. Anon thanks for pointing out possible rudeness. Hey I can admit when I am wrong and I was.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Everyone worships in their own way. If this is his way of praising his God, then so be it. Its not up to anyone else to say what he should or shouldnt put on his body anyway.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• ""IMO, words make poor tattoos."" Not necessarily, I've seen some really well done text tattoos. It just depends on the artist.

To the OP, if that's what makes him happy, more power to him.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 1:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Since the OP isn't discussing gouging it out of his arm, why not just discuss the issue at hand instead of crucifying her for stating an opinion, which frankly we all have whether we are comfortable admitting it or not?
    ---

thank you. I never said should I tied him down and refuse to let him do it. I asked for thoughts. Thank you for your respect
    Anonymous