Going to a beauty college for a hair cut?

I really want to get my hair cut but cant afford to go to my normal salon that cost over 40 dollars! So I was thinking about going to the Paul Mitchell Bauty College which is near my house. I have never done this before and I am a little nervous, but I figure it cant be any worse than going to Fantastic Sams or Borics! Anyone ever gone to a beauty college for a hair cut before???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I used to go all the time. The instructors are there so they can't butcher your hair. The local beauty college closed down in our small town years ago. I miss it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• my friend is in beauty school and I had her cut my hair.... she did amazing... like pp said the instructers are there. I had my formal updo done there and it looked amazing
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I did it once in NYC. They actually did an amazing job! It took a really long time though. The instructors are right there to help.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I went once. They did a good job, it's just a drive from where I live.

Answer by missanc at 3:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I have gone to the Horst School (Aveda based) and it was amazing. Went to a local one many years later and never again. Paul mitchell would be a high end one and would guess they would be well supervised. Ask for a senior, that way you do not get someone just starting out.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 4:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2010