Does your preschooler stress like this?

At the moment my boy is playing with a toy top he got in an easter egg... Well iv shown him how to do it and he does a good job most trys, but when he goes to spin the top and it doesnt work how he wants it to (upside down) he freaks out and will actually start crying or throw himself on the floor and flop around like a fish out of water! I know hes just upset so i show him again how to do it and hes fine till he messes up again, then starts flopping around again... I cant help but laugh really. Its a very funny sight. I know he will get it. But geez... Flopping around like that? Its funny cause as soon as i show him again hes totally 100% fine! Like its a switch!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• lol, my daughter was like that..when she couldnt get something right the first time....ohhhhh boy!!!!!!! especially when it came to, like zippers, or the seatbelt in the car, she kicked, she screamed, and got soo mad!! i used to chuckle to myself when it happened, because she freaked for nooo reason!! luckily she grew outta that..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Ya my son gets angry when he cant figure out things. He will start crying, stomping his feet, and throwing himself on the ground. I know its because they do not know how else to show their fustration but what I do is talk to him about his feelings. Such as when he starts with his fit, I ask him why he is angry or mad and then I encourage him to keep trying. If he gets too upset though I let him cool down first then talk to him and try again.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2010