preschool question?

how old does my son need to be so he could start preschool?
And do i have to pay for it or its just like a school where i dont?
thanks mom's have a bless dayy =)
( my son is two yrs old)

yamil519

Asked by yamil519 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Around here it starts at 3. You have to pay. Preschool is private.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I am pretty sue they have to be atleast 3, otherwise it is daycare......

some places you have to pay, some is income based ( free)

it just depends where you live
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• most preschool programs start with 3 year olds
    unless you qualify for state or federally funded programs, preschool is tuition based
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• depends on where you live. most of the time, the preschools that start under the age of 4, are private ones that are half preschool half daycare, and you have to pay, normally public schools start at the age of 4
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• @ glamomomo, most preschools are in child care centers/learning centers, which is still daycare. What difference does that make? There are alot of daycares with curriculums you know.
    My daughter will be attending the preschool class at the daycare in which she attends. Its the same curriculum she has been working on just a step up.
    Anonymous

• Preschool starts at 3 and you normally pay for them.
    You can check your state for federally funded preschools which are free but mostly income based.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• there is a program in the state of Florida that you can put him in (in Florida you call the Early Learning Coalition) and it is free, you pay nothing, and you can choose from tons of schools and daycares that offer it.
    (voluntary pre k) VPK is what is is called :)
    sorry it took me a minute to remember
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• here in MI, "preschools" fall under the same licensing rules, regulations and ratios as child care centers. the only difference is the length of time they are open during the day
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• well, I didnt say that as "day cares are bad" lol... I just meant ( atleast where i live) preschool and daycare is different.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My state children can start at some places at 2.5 years old. These are mostly private preschools. My son's preschool starts at 2.5 years old...you have to pay for the preschool. It is a private, christian preschool which I pay 200/month. His preschool does not offer daycare of any sorts and it is at a church. They have a full curriculm and accredited. They only offer 1/2 days with one exception being that you can enroll your child 9-2.30. They even offer a full pre-k program.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2010