Do you hate when...

People on the streets come up and harrass you about being saved?
I do here is why!
I have been up since four am and am exhausted. I was walking into a building for an appointmen, and a group of people came up and asked, "Did you know the saviour died for you?" I said that is nice yes I do however I am late for an appiontment and will be willing to speak to you on my way out." So one of them stepped in my way and perceeded asking,"So you are Christian, What denomination?" I said non-denominational, but seriously I have to go." This continued for about 30 mins. Until finally I told him"Get out of my way now!" He called me a sinner against god a few other words. I got to my app. aparently this group have been there since 5 am preaching. I was late and along with 5 others had to reschedule. Seriously isn't there a law against that?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• stuff like that happened to me & my DH twice. once on Halloween night and when we were down in southern Louisiana for Mardi Gras. but neither kept me from something important, so it wasnt nearly as aggravating as what you went thru. i would definitely file a complaint since they kept you from your appointment.

the Halloween one a group of us went downtown in spooky costumes and were told by a street savior that we were going to hell. DH went straight up to him and said "i believe Jesus died for my sins so i dont need you to tell me what God does or doesn't like." it shut the guy up real quick. and at Mardi Gras it was from a really conservative group of Christians who were handing out anti-Catholic pamphlets. since this was a family Mardi Gras (so no nudity or drunkenness) we just joked it off.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• thats plain harrassment.
    thats never happened to me before.and i'm glad,i'd be horrified.
    Anonymous

• Was the WBC in town? Sheesh. Some people dont' know when to quit,
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Do you know what church they belonged. You can file a complaint.
    Anonymous

• wow, that has never happened to me before, I'd say call the cops, those people need to be stopped (at least from harrassment) he did step in your way!
    I agree with the 3rd answer too, file a complaint. I just don't like it when I get home and am trying to do what I need to do and someone knocks on my door. Those people are aggrivating.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I would try to file a complaint. And actually, the office you were going to should file one as well. I had something like that happen to me once. They asked me if I was saved, and I ignored them and tried to walk by them. One guy got all up in my face and kept asking and I finally told them to f--- off. Yeah, not one of my better moments, but I was running late and in a foul mood. I mean seriously, my mood was so awful that day, you could feel my intent to kill radiating from my body. I swear those people must have had a death wish to approach me they way they did...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Zealots are a major pain in the ass. I have encountered the uber-aggressive street reformers once or twice, I just tell them I am not interested and they are representing their religion badly. What really ticked me off though is when one harrassed my teenager when she was walking home from a friends. When she got home and told me how he kept following and telling her she was going to hell I called the police but they told me they didn't find him, I don't know if they really checked it out or not.
    Anonymous

• That is a wrong wrong wrong way to witness. Our just doesnt do it that way. We ask if someone wants prayer or healing and amazingly God does heal and they opens the door for them to ask US questions and often it leads to salvation. Most of the time they always say yes to wanting prayer! We operate out of God's love not hatred.
    Asking what denomination is SO wrong , saying you are a sinner comes from a bitter heart. My heart is so grieved !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• that should say Our church*
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I find it very offensive and usually just respond with "I don't believe in god therefore god can't damn me to hell".
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2010