How did you get your child to sleep through the night with panties on?

My daughter is 26 months and she has been potty trained since she was about 20-21 months. She wears panties during the day and when we are out but Im totally scared to put her on panties at night. Mostly because she sleeps with me and I would be mad to wake up to piss.
I normally put her on a pull up at night. I have started cutting down drink before she goes to bed and taking her to the bathroom before she goes to sleep and that has helped her stay dry through the night but Im still scared.
Im in no rush to put her in panties at night Im just curious as to how it works for most.

lilmsnay83

Asked by lilmsnay83 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ok first of she is doing great by even being fully trained now I know 3 kids 3 yr old one of which is mine & they are not fully trained.. you can buy special sheets that protect beds from accidents.. try the underwear if you & her want to & if she has an accident don't freak out & don't punish her or make her feel bad, just act like its no big deal.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• hmm, good one. I never had a problem with my daughter, but my son is 3 and I still keep him in night pants. We just reuse them if he doesn't have an accident. He is getting better about getting up and going (he wakes me up so I'll go with him :) ) but every now and then he has an accident.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Wait until she wakes up with a dry Pull up for at least a week. Don't push it, it could take a while.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Cutting down on drinking doesn't help kidneys concentrate urine overnight --the physical process necessary for staying dry overnight. Until she's routinely waking in a dry diaper, there is no reason to 'try' panties at night, because she's not physically ready yet. Going pee at 11pm isn't going to help, either.

When you're using the same pullup for a week, she probably no longer needs one. Until then, diapers are to keep the furniture dry, not kids. You can't rush physical development.

There is no reason to wear panties to bed, and several reasons not to.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2010