Need advice i just caught my son in the room masterbating, he's 14 and i don't know what to do.

I think he does it all the time,could he be stressed. I need some advice because I am a single mama and have 4 more boys.I didn't fuss at him I just told him to stop (he was in my room looking for something ) I just need the best advice in case he had question. By the way his daddy will not talk to him about it.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 12:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• It's perfectly normal, just don't freak out about it. If you have 5 boys you're going to have to get used to it lol. Just explain to him that it's okay but he needs to do in private, either in the bathroom or his own room.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It's normal. You do nothing but have the sex talk with him if you haven't already.
    Anonymous

• masturbation is a completely normal part of exploring sexuality, just make sure he knows it is to be done in private
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I agree with the previous posters...it's normal...ask him to do it in private.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Just tell him to do it in his own room or the bathroom.
    Anonymous

• Don't make him feel bad about it... :-) Just tell him to be discreet.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• they all do it. It's completely normal!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I would not freak out to much about it because it is normal. Just talk to your son and tell him that he should not be embarassed about it because it is normal (especially around that age). You may want to talk about the changing body so that he understands whats going on with his body and hormones, and let him know that it should be done in privacy.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I really doubt he'll ask you a question about it,LOL. Why would he do it in your bedroom though, I find that kinda strange.
    Anyway,I'm sure he's not so over stressed that its causing him to masterbate a lot...he's a boy and they like doing it. I know,its disturbing and it makes me cringe to ever think I might catch my son doing the same.
    If I caught my son in my bedroom doing it, yeah,I'd probably yell at him and tell him to do that in the privacy of his own room and then I would never ever talk about it again! LOL. Thats just me though.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• You do nothing except have the talk, this means you have a perfectly normal 14 year old!

Answer by older at 12:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2010